Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Human World

Last night we went upto Larch Mountain at about 4600 feet to escape the 105 degrees heat wave in P0rtland. It was a cool 80 degrees at the summit with no one in sight and unobstructed views of Mt. Hood. Anjali said she was very happy to be on top of the 'Human World'. On our way back the sun was setting a brilliant orange-red and Anjali was in a pensive mood. We asked her what she was thinking about and she said "I am so happy that the human world is so beautiful, I dont have words to describe all the colors."

When I was 4 months pregnant we hiked to beautiful Elowah falls in the Columbia River Gorge. At that time my wish for my fetus was for her to realize how beautiful the world was despite all its ugliness. And here I am 4 years later and my wish has come true.

No comments: